One of South Africa’s big five banks FNB is giving out bursaries to talented candidates who want to continue their studies in the finance sector. The bank has the community at its heart hence the move to give back to the community by affording talented and needy students the platform to pursue their studies within the finance framework.
The bursary programme is designed to cover the following: tuition fees, books and accommodation fees for students in each of their study fields.
First National Bank bursaries
The bank offers financial aid in the following fields of study:
- Economic & Management Science
- Financial Management
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Actuarial Science
- Investment Management
- Organizational Psychology
- Quantitative Finance
The bank also gives away bursaries for Science and Engineering as well as Business Administration and a number of other opportunities through their partners.
First National Bank bursaries requirements
To qualify for a FNB bursary, candidates are required to produce the following documents:
- Students applying must be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book or ID Card.
- Students must supply a certified copy of their June exam results if still in Matric.
- Students who have completed their Matric must provide a certified copy of their final results.
- Students must have at least 60% in English, Physical Science and Mathematics.
- Students who are currently studying at a Tertiary Institute can also apply and must supply their academic records up to date.
- Students need to also provide two testimonials with their application. One must be from a community leader such as a Spiritual Leader or Local Civic Leader and the other must be from an Educational Official such as a Lecturer or Principal.
- Students have to also provide proof of income for both their parents and/or guardians.
- Students must also attach to their application an essay of their life that has been personally written by them and a letter of recommendation from a parent or friend.
Additionally, the following will also have an impact on the selection process for candidates applying:
- Students must exhibit great academic promise.
- Students will not be excluded from the selection due to gender, age, race or even disability.
- Students who have passed their Matric more than two years prior to the application will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to students from a disadvantaged background and rural areas.
- Preference will also be given to female applicants.
- Bursaries will only be awarded to students who will be studying full time.
- Preference will also be given to students with disabilities.
- Consideration will also be given to students registered as undergraduates but will not include Honors in Accounting unless accompanied by additional courses for Chartered Accountant Qualification.
First National Bank bursaries opportunities
In addition to the bursary programme, FNB has other various opportunities for school students and graduates. The bank is also involved in Early Childhood Development programs, Hospice as well as Community care projects. It aims to not only develop young great minds to become assets for their families, communities and the country but also to make South Africa a safer place to live.
Their CA Training program offers not only training but also exposure and hands-on experience within the business world to selected candidates. Candidates will learn about management decisions and control; they will gain leadership skills, professional skills as well as business ethics in addition to great personal attributes.
For more information about such opportunities, kindly visit their website.
FNB bursaries application
FNB has partnered with bursary service providers and bursaries online applications can be done via these companies listed on their website, for more detail visit the FNB website.
You will find there are seven listed companies through which to apply for a bursary from FNB.
FNB bursaries closing date
For the FNB bursaries programme closing date, please keep an eye on the website addresses given.