The First Rand Ldaurie Dippenaar scholarship is a learnership programme intended to assist South African students who pursue their postgraduate studies abroad in any country and any field. The scholarship is only designed for students whose postgraduate studies do not exceed two years and an amount of R400 000 to be used for tuition fees, books, accommodation, meals and other relevant needs.
First Rand Ldaurie Dippenaar bursaries
The First Rand Ldaurie Dippenaar offers a wide range of scholarships to students who want to study at an internationally recognised university. This scholarship program has bursaries for various fields of study and these studies outside South Africa. Below are some of the fields of study students can consider and some of the Universities providing these courses:
University of Amsterdam
- Bachelor of Arts
- MA Sociology
University of Germany – Institute of Human Genetics
- PhD Molecular Genetics
- MMed Medical Genetics
King College London
- MA Conflict, Security and Development
- BA Honors Political Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Innovation Design Engineering
Duisenberg School of Finance
- LLM Finance and Law
- LLM Banking and Stock Exchange Law
University of Cambridge
- MA Corporate Law
- LLB Bachelor of Law
University of Columbia
- MA English Literature
- Bachelor’s Arts Honors
- Honors Economics
- MA Real Estate Development
University of Oxford
- Computer Science MSc
- Computer Science BSc
- Bachelor Social Science
- Honors Politics, Philosophy, and Economics
- International Relations
- Engineering Science
First Rand Ldaurie requirements
Students who want to apply for this bursary programme should reflect know how in the fields they want to study.
- Although there is no set age restriction candidates under 35 will receive preference.
- Candidates who have or are currently studying abroad will be excluded from selection.
- Successful candidates have to return home to South Africa, work and stay in South Africa for a minimum period of five years after completing their studies.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of senior staff including Chairman Laurie Dippenaar himself and a long list of 30 candidates will be chosen.
First Rand Ldaurie Application
The bursary does not have an online application facility however applications can be downloaded and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Beth van Heerden. Your reference letters can also be mailed to this e-mail as long as they are clearly marked. For application forms, candidates can use the link, although bursary forms will only become available in November.
You can also complete the form, print it out and forward it along with all required documentation to the following address:
First Rand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship
Attention: Beth van Heerden
P.O. Box 650149
4 Merchant Place
Corner Of Fredman Drive & Rivonia Rd.
The following documentation will need to accompany your application:
- A Certified copy of your ID Book / Card
- A personal statement written by you about you and please indicate the word count.
- A certified copy of your Matric final results.
- A certified copy of your Degree or Course Certificates.
- Your current or most recent Academic Transcripts
- A letter of acceptance from the University you wish to attend.
- A clear and recent Photograph of yourself.
First Rand Ldaurie bursaries closing date
Applications for the First Rand Ldaurie bursary open in the middle December every year and close end of February but applications can be acquired from November.